SECTION 1 - INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
We collect information that can identify you, such as your name and email address (“personal information”), as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information can be sent to servers that are located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information you provide:
We can collect and store personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes information that identifies you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, or other financial information). We also might request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information, such as your hometown or your username, and we will collect that information as well.
Information you provide about others:
We can collect and store personal information about other individuals that you might provide to us, such as their name, mailing address, and email address. If you use our website to send other people (such as friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we can store your personal information, as well as the personal information of each such recipient, in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our website.
• Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted “cookies” that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
• Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies” to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also can automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the webpages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we might advertise, we (or other third parties) might use certain data collected on our website to show you the type of Pick Enterprises advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you cannot opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you can control the collection of data on our website used for targeted Pick Enterprises advertising during your visits to other websites.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
• Other Technologies. We can use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our website. We also can include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether these messages are being opened and acted upon by the recipient. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors, to deliver targeted advertisements, and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
• Information collected by third-parties. We might allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our website. These companies might also use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about the users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. The non-personal information only allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and to gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies might be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
SECTION 2 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Additionally, we can use the information that we collect about you to enable us to do one or more of the following tasks:
• Deliver the products and services that you have requested.
• Manage your account and provide you with customer support.
• Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or the products, services or content offered by third parties.
• Communicate with you by email, U.S. postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that we think might be of interest to you either from us or other third parties.
• Develop and display content and advertising that is tailored to your interests on our website and other websites.
• Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests or sweepstakes.
• Enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Manage our business.
• Provide Pick Enterprises advertisements to you when you visit other websites.
• Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We can use financial information or method of payment process for purchases that you make on our website, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Who we might share your information with:
We do not share your personal information with anyone else except as indicated below, or when we ask you first and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We can share your personal information with:
• Service providers: We may share your personal information, which can include your name and contact information (including email address), with third parties who perform certain services on our behalf. These services can include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, customer screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features offered through our website. We can also share your name, contact information, and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process your credit card payments. These service providers can have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions but they are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Business partners: When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements that are offered on third-party websites, we can share personal information with the businesses with whom we partner to offer you the applicable products, services, or advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant. To opt-out of cookies that might be set by third-party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
• Other Situations. We can also disclose your information, including your personal information:
In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we can raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
• In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We can share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We can share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We can combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also can share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
How we protect your personal information:
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States:
No Rights of Third Parties:
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org